Sand play pits harbour the emerging superbug C. diff that causes stomach upsets and diarrhoea and in rare cases damages the gut, a new study found.
More than half of all sandpits for children and pets tested were swarming with the bacteria Clostridium difficile, also known as C. diff.
And worryingly scientists found genetically diverse strains of C. diff including certain strains displaying increased toxin production, and in some cases multidrug resistance. To read the whole article, click on the link below:
Microshield’s specialist disinfection process effectively eraditcates C.Diff along with many other potentially harmful barcteria, viruses and moulds. We work with Nurseries, Softplays and Shopping Centres who are keen to ensure their premises are as safe as possible for their little customers. Anyone can use our inexpensive service to create cleaner, healthier, safer environments. Cleaning isn’t always enough to elimiate risk