Article provided by: Alberta Fire & Flood
Alberta Fire & Flood is a leading provider of damage restoration services in Calgary with a team of skilled and experienced technicians, advanced equipment, and eco-friendly supplies. We control the water/smoke/fire/sewer damage in your property promptly and mitigate damages with the shortest turnaround time.
Types of damage restoration services we provide
We are a professional water and flood damage restoration provider with excellent reviews and a comprehensive range of services. We specialize in offering the following:
- Fire and smoke damage restoration
- Remediating sewer backup damage
- Professional storm damage restoration
- Restoration of water damage from residential and commercial properties
- Mold removal and remediation
- Biohazard cleaning
- Drying properties damaged by excess moisture
- Asbestos remediation, etc.
We are a 24/7 emergency response service provider and arrive at the customer’s location within the shortest turnaround time to handle disasters and mitigate damages. We also offer premier environmental and reconstruction services, such as bird and rodent feces clean-up, meth lab clean-up, graffiti removal, debris removal, building repair, carpet removal, reinstallation, etc.
How long to repair water damage?
On average, it can take up to 72 hours to clean and dry out one room, after which the actual water damage repairs can take anywhere from 1-2 weeks. As the #1 restoration company in Calgary, AB, we understand how most property owners look forward to returning to their normal life after a disaster.
The time it takes for every repair project can vary depending upon the complexity of the water damage and the type of materials affected. Your contractor may carry out asbestos testing before opening up the walls for drying if your house is older than 35 years. You may have to wait for 24-48 hours for the results, after which the technicians for property damage restoration in Calgary can start drying your property.
How to minimize water damage?
Do you have a flooding accident at home and have no idea what to do? Here’s how you can minimize the damage:
- Look for the water shutoff valve in your leaking appliance or the water supply line to your home and turn it off. If the leak is due to the sump pump failure, check the electrical breaker to see if it has tripped. Also, check the drain for any clogs and the float to see if it is stuck.
- After shutting the valve, protect the home from further damage by placing buckets in rooms with leaks. Move expensive furniture and valuable articles and fixtures to a safer place.
- Call a fire and water damage restoration services company immediately to mitigate damages and dry your house.
Schedule an appointment for damage restoration services in Calgary by getting in touch with us at 403 204 2259. Alberta Fire & Flood also provides 24-hour emergency response service at affordable prices and helps homeowners in and around Calgary deal with fire, flood, storm, and sewer damage swiftly and efficiently. Call us today for more information and ask one of our technicians about our services.