We assume they are safe. But in fact, many popular household cleaners are dangerously toxic.
The average household contains about 62 toxic chemicals, say environmental experts. We’re exposed to them routinely — from the phthalates in synthetic fragrances to the noxious fumes in oven cleaners. Ingredients in common household products have been linked to asthma, cancer, reproductive disorders, hormone disruption and neurotoxicity.
Manufacturers argue that in small amounts these toxic ingredients aren’t likely to be a problem, but when we’re exposed to them routinely, and in combinations that haven’t been studied, it’s impossible to accurately gauge the risks. While a few products cause immediate reactions from acute exposure (headaches from fumes, skin burns from accidental contact), different problems arise with repeated contact. Chronic exposure adds to the body’s “toxic burden” — the number of chemicals stored in its tissues at a given time.
No one can avoid exposure to toxic chemicals altogether, but it is possible to reduce it significantly.
Microshield’s specialsit disinfection process is 100% environmentally friendly, non-allergenic and completely safe to use on all surfaces including furnishings, electronic items, even paper.